The church is located in Via San Francesco
The church of San Francesco is one of the first place of worship in Treviso and one of the architectural jewels of Treviso, built between 1230 and 1270. The architecture of the building reflect the transition between Romanesque and Gothic. The gabled facade is simple and elegant. Inside there is only one big nave with a short transept open through two large arches. Near the side door, there is the tomb of Francesca Petrarca: the daughter of the poet. The temple is full of art like the biggest figure of San Cristoforo (work of 200), four evangelist by a pupil of Tomaso da Modena and the Ark tomb of Pietro Alighieri, son of Dante.